Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!
Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!

This is the Role play site you've been looking for.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:02 pm
s w i t c h .
a c c o u n t s

Latest topics
» Forced Heroes
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:13 pm

» Victory
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 pm

» Uninvited Guest
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Desi'Andrea Sabine Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:57 pm

» The Dusk Comes
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Bladewolf Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 pm

» Making Trouble
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Aleria Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:53 pm

» Lone Wanderings (Open)
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Noctis Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:46 am

» Coming Home (Blade)
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Bladewolf Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 pm

» Valkoine
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Admin Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:23 am

» Second Chances
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 am

» Mannix
Redirection (tag:Cayden) Emptyby Mannix Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 am

V O T E
m a k e . u s . # 1

Top 50 Wolf RPG

Last of the Wilds

100 Wolf Roleplay Sites

Intus Incednia's K9 Elites

Top 100 Canine Sites

100 Top Wolf RP Sites

Redirection (tag:Cayden)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet
Member Status: Kostas Pack Kostas Pack

Redirection (tag:Cayden) Empty
PostSubject: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 10:40 am

((This thread will take part in the time line after the thread  crossing a line. Whereas Blaze will currently be alpha of the Kostas until such a time as Zigan comes forth and a future is decided.))

An emerald gaze was cast upon the valley as a sigh of contempt past through thick black lips before a wet tongue was drawn upon them for moisture. The sea of grass in view had grown the length of a leg in the first days of spring, fuelled by the wake of yet another winter passed; though at this time of day it was not so much a million shades of green as it was illuminated by the warmth of a quickening sunset in the west. The staggered clouds made for a layering of the sky, placing walls between the colours and helping them attain their painted appearance. It was truly a sight to behold, and a night fitting to see his son, he had decided.
Benjamin had given Cayden the space he had desired over the course of a few months, the entire winter to be precise; but with the call of spring and the page turning on an old era, he thought it time to address his son in a place he had not seen since his disappearance.
At the thought, his mind returned to an old friend. Zigan had not been forgotten for a day since his demise. A look with the kin of glass glaze over the absinth hues and for a moment he turned to the sky as if in search for his friend. I will do you proud, brother.
Benjamin had not taken the mantle from Blade with a conscious mind of leading as he once had, but leading as Zigan might have done. Zigan had died at Blazes own hands, there was not much he could do in the way of bringing back his friend, but he would all he could to make things right.
Absent of thought, yet another sigh past those lips; though it was not of contempt, but of regret. It was at that time the raven passed his sight. A white shadow among a sky of pinks and orange. Nimeria had circled the clearing a few times, scouting the sites and area for anything that might be captured within arial view that might be missed by that of a ground dweller. The sound of he voice echoing off of the trees surrounded gave clear Sign that the way was clear.
Benjamin lifted his back side from the ground and began his march towards the centre of the clearing. He had no clue of how Cayden would approach him and he knew that the best vantage point where his son was concerned was one not hidden but with view of a 360 degree radius.
His barrel chest paved the way for his body in passing, parting the shoulder length grass with the ease and sound of a light breeze- of which none blew. Drawing a deep breath into his cavernous lungs, he pressed out wards with his voice mid-step, calling Cayden forth and hoping he would be close enough to hear it.
Back to top Go down
http://thekumariwolves.ohmylife.net
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:06 am

It took him little time to find the source of the calling, Benjamin's howl a distinct familiarity despite the so few times Cayden had come to contact with his father in the Kumari Plains of the recent year. Time had pushed on and all intentions between the pair had been thrown rife for anyone's best guess, Cayden had meant to kill Blaze only to discover any sense of truths were anything but and Blaze had been overjoyed to see Cayden's return and only find himself targeted, soon distanced with little a further word between them. It had only been six weeks since Raikou had found Cayden and though the brute was still young, his body had been shaped noticeably in lean muscle, the build for not a Vanguard but rather an agile warrior and fierce hunter of the lands, Cayden had since spent his time when not in Veita's company, instead training alongside Raikou practicing with the human arts of the sword, Samurai no less and to Rai's much less enthusiasm, arguing though mutually, the stupidity of Bushido, a Code by which the Samurai lived by.

He was not currently carrying anything in the way of armaments on him despite having separated only recently from Raikou's company to answer Blaze's summons reluctantly, Raikou himself having convinced Cayden though it hadn't been by way of hostility to which made Cayden hesitate, more a lack of understanding between father and son and a sense of awkwardness in thought of how to try to connect after so long of such disconnection in their bloodline. Cayden had become a product of his environment and lifestyle to which was that of a loner until finding a liking in Veita and Raikou, though it took a while longer for the Samurai. His father may have put him on this earth though Cayden had grown up by his own choices, mistakes, regrets and consequences. While perhaps fated to live in each others shadow, the two really could claim no proper knowledge of one another and to Cayden, the same reflected of himself for his sisters, another previously mentioned regret of his.

"Father?" Barked hoarsely in reply, stepping out into the clearing upon heavy burdened paws of which had hardened by his recent trek with the Samurai, his crimson eyes crossing the clearing curiously until they eventually fell upon the figure of Benjamin Nekishu, surprise becoming confirmation as his father was once again standing in the heart of the Kostas territory and had called him fourth into it, no less. It made Cayden wonder what had brought the two of them this far into lands that to his knowledge, weren't either of theirs. "Look...-If this is about those dead humans in Muchani, I can explain..." He said somewhat startled as he realized the possibility, the Kostas might be seeking penance for the incidental murder, "Rai' was there, he can back me up, I didn't kill those people...!".
Back to top Go down
http://immortalbloodlines.forumotion.co.nz/
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:22 am

There had been time to reflect before Cyaden had made an appearance upon the outer rim of the Pack Lands, and in such time Benjamin thought of many things - the depth of his thoughts progressed from that which they had begun with and the reason to which he had carried himself to the Clearing.
When last he had set eyes upon his son, they had settled upon nothing. Benjamin knew that day had changed the way Cayden had thought about life in general for good; whether those thoughts had turned sour, festering upon lies and deceit or bloomed springing from new hope and the sights of his sister safe. He had hoped that there had been some progress since, and the fact that he hadn't heard word from Raikou since their meeting had pulled high hopes for the male. He was certain that the warrior would have returned should his deal be struck in wrong doing. He guessed that in the next few minutes, he would know for sure.
Though that had been one of many thoughts he had stewed upon in the moments of solitude, it was the one of most concern at this present time.

A brooding emerald gaze was quickly stolen upon the sudden appearance of a earthy toned wolf, noticeably marked as his son by the bright flare of red fur that cascaded over her neck to relfect that of his self.
"Father?"
The delivery of the word seemed to cause saliva to catch in his throat, inhibiting the ability to breath for but a second. Last he had heard it slip from those lips it had been spoken with poison and malice. Uttering the hate of which was felt by the heart. Now, it seemed almost to accept it - though there was some heavy apprehensiveness. Still, it gave the male some comfort.
The moment of pause had given Cayden enough time to begin explaining something that Blaze knew nothing about. His brow furrowed and he took a few involuntary steps forward, more out of concern than intention of advancement.
"Dead humans?" He shook his head trying to make sense of it, catching mention of Raikous name in short though gave knowledge to the fact that the warrior had engaged Blazes son. A warming thought. "Cayden, what are you-'
There will be time enough for that explanation later.
'[/color=red]- No.[/color]" He shook his head again, this time slower trying to calm the younger male. "I requested your presence for other reasons; though I would like to hear more about these dead humans." He said, rather playfully.
He paused for a long moment, giving his son time to re-gather his thoughs. Meanwhile, Blaze walked slowly forward, minimizing the gap between the two. His tail was held in line with his spine and ears held erect with tentative hearing, his over all body language at ease.
He did not close the gap between them completely how ever, but stopped a few feet short of his son. This was to give the male space if need be, if Cayden wished to engage his father - in any sense - he was more than welcome to come the rest of the distance.
Nimeria had followed and come to land upon the scalp of the large wolf to begin grooming his fur as he sat upon his backside. The sight might have been quite comical had one been unaware of her presence.
A few seconds passed before he shook her off. Tsking in somewhat annoyance but otherwise ignoring the white bird. "It has been some time since we have spoken, or seen each other. I had not wished to put such distance between us, but my understanding was that time and space would have been your best friend given the circumstances we were both faced with."
The words were given slowly with thought given to each one. The last thing he wished to do was put more distance between them through hostility in misunderstanding.
"If I am to be honest, I had thought you left. Not having heard word of you for some time; but when rumor had spread of your name -' His features softened enormously.
"I am glad you decided to stay. Whether it was involuntary or not." There was much and more that could have been said following that which had already been uttered, but Blaze would take small steps to properly engage his son in the hopes to build an outwardly strong relationship - or the foundations of one at least; and so, he gave a moment of pause from his own voice to hear Caydens.
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:59 am

Blaze's initial reaction spoke loudly of his uncertainty in the attempted defense of Cayden's actions back within the city, his father inadvertently stepping forward with great interest though causing Cayden to shift off to the right, keeping the same distance between them, albeit much shorter since Benjamin had closed in the gap to leave little enough for comfort to remain given the uncomfortable yet proper reunion of the two. His father however relentless in his want to know, seemed to show other intentions to his calling the younger male into the valley, sparking intrigue from Cayden himself enough to want to get the would-be explanation over with sooner than the conversation began, replying in soft "I didn't kill anyone...-I was walking through the city after being with a friend and stumbled on a couple humans dead. Next thing I knew the humans were yelling and throwing shit at me...-Raikou got me out though, it's fine...-Honestly", the final word added as Cayden didn't suspect Blaze foolish enough to think that Cayden might never lie just for the kin of their blood but in this case, he was being rather open and up-front with his father which was a first.

His eyes caught the movement of the bird swiftly afterwards and he watched in blatant question as the small creature drifted down to land atop his fathers head and do what could only be described as, grooming his fathers skull. His head cocked sideways, right in amused confusion as his father didn't seem to fussed with the ordeal as Cayden found it astonishing. "You have a bird on your head...?" He blurted out with a hushed bark followed by an uncertain whine, his nose scrunching up as he noted the little creatures scent.

As blazes intentions were soon revealed, Cayden found his head right way up and his eyes watching Benjamin carefully, searching for any sign of a lie in the brutes words despite knowing full well that his father had no real reason to mislead him, had he been truthful in wanting his return to be definite. "For a while there I did leave..." He spoke lowely under his breath and barely audibly as his head dropped some though with no aggressive sign rather more so simply discomfort in this meeting of his fathers, "I kept to the borders for a while...Weighing up my options but my Sisters are here and though they know nothing of me, I have nothing else to go on...-I've been living the lone life for so long, I can't say being appreciated by something other than my hunger was off putting...Like it or not, this is my home. It was before I was taken from here and it will be long after you".
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:44 am

Blaze could not help but stifle some small laugh as Cayden stammered over himself in what seemed to be an attempt to redeem his fathers reflection of him - whether admittedly or subconsciously in the doing so of it.
Though he had not laughed outwardly, he had done so inwardly and it reflected in the smile upon his maw and the way in which his eyes became that much softer.
So, Raikou has been protecting you as well as teaching you. He thought with confidence.
He shook his head softly with closed eyes before looking once more upon his son. "I believe you." He replied reassuringly before allowing his son to voice himself in which ever way he had intended - or not deciding to explain the obvious confusion to Nimeria a little later. If the situation allowed them so much time.

He listened to Cayden without interruption, the only signs of his liveliness was the soft rise and fall of his breathing and the subtle changes in his facial expressions and body language in response to his sons words.
The thoughts of his daughters stung some what. They had once again left the Kumari Lands. The opportunity to adventure was something Benjamin had never taken away from them - how ever apprehensive he was each time he let them leave the borders; but he knew they would always return. He knew they were each able fighters, very capable of defending them self when and where necessary. He took solace in the knowledge they had been properly raised by his own hands and paws and would hopefully live a more vicarious life than he had.
But it was not the thought of leaving that caused pain, but in the knowledge that they were the reason Cayden had stayed - or returned - as he had. Would his knowing of them leaving cause him to leave, either in search for them or because he felt there was no need for him to stay here?
The thought was quickly diminished when words of home were uttered. In comparison to the length of life Cayden had seen, it was not at all long that Blaze had not seen his son and he wondered what could have fueled such a seemingly quick change of heart if his sisters had surely not been in contact with him? Regardless, Cayden would need to be informed of his sisters absence sooner rather than later; but the thought was swiftly pushed aside when a massive sense of pride washed over him at words that might have once caused pain.
"This will always be your home." He confirmed in softness. The words came unbidden, though not with regret.
A tongue slipped past black lips that had gone dry before sweeping over them to wet, both out of habit and out of anticipation of a progressed thought. He had noted earlier, that Cayden had not closed the gap between them, but nor had he been inclined to move away; and so, Blaze took a chance that he knew would be bold, but after all, it was the reason he had called him here. "Cayden - ' He paused letting the name roll from his tongue and sate his maternal instincts for a moment; relishing the chance to say it aloud.
'You have grown in the time you have spent here and I am proud of you. I had called you here with hope for us to rebuild our relationship - how ever long we should need; during such a time, I had hoped that you would allow me the time to teach you about these lands - your home lands. Or at least fill in the gaps of what you might have already learnt in my absence.'
'Despite all that your life has shown and taught you, I have missed you beyond belief; and I relish the chance to get to know my true born son."
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 8:46 am

Cayden wasn't obviously as certain as his father appeared to be that all that much had changed in the days since their last meeting, and with Blaze laying it on thick with how far Cayden had apparently come and how much he'd been missed, his eyes fell back some in an almost instinctive will to throw up his mental walls and guard himself from the would-be sentiment. This was exactly the sort of shit that Cayden wanted to avoid, he wasn't so forward with all that touchy feel-ey crap and the most he'd exposed of his feelings toward anyone were thrown at Veita in a much sleazier way, both in presentation and intent yet nothing quite so mushy and feminine. "Yeah....-Right" he muttered under a heated breath, giving a bit of a groan in accidental refusal to openly accept what his father was saying to him. It wasn't like Cayden didn't want to know Benjamin, his father and see what kind of male the former alpha was beneath that pelt of fur that Cayden saw so easily with a sense of frustration, anger and regret...He simply wasn't so equipped with the sentiment and the ability to openly acknowledge those kind of feelings, let alone discuss them with others. Jesus, Cayden was a loner, that type of crap was reserved for the bitches. Or rather...-It used to be. He couldn't deny that some part of himself had changed, opened up to the Kumari Plains and found contentment with calling it his homeland though truthfully the only reason he'd softened up to it was the one female that had found her way before him and that wasn't either of his sisters. Veita had given Cayden a reason to hang about and see what she was all about, he couldn't have killed his curiosity for the fae even if he'd wanted to and she'd given him a better understanding of the human world than he'd have dared walk into in such confidence on his own.

"How will that look exactly.." He spoke up in hesitant question, looking to Blaze uncertainly adding "You know, the two of us getting to know each other, like you said". When it came to family affairs, Cayden really didn't know much of anything and given Benjamin was a pack wolf for the majority of his life to Cayden's knowledge, he truly wasn't quite so sure what to expect, "You gonna pull me into this little group of yours then or do I have to challenge someone...-Aulan told me that's how you get to be Alpha...-What's the rest of it, I'm curious...".
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:03 am

There was a notable shift upon Caydens face as the words coming from Benjamin sank in deep; but Blaze did not rush him. He allowed his son all the time he needed in order to gather his thoughts and voice them - No matter how long that took. He knew it would take time, every little step might have been a large leap for the younger male. Benjamin didn't know his son, and that was the truth of it. It was why they were here in this moment.
He sat silently, waiting but not brooding. Remaining unmoved as he watched, though not staring, at his son. From time to time this emerald eyes would dart off in a random direction through habit alone. Auds catching the familiar and unfamiliar sounds alike which drew his attention for a split second.
When Cayden finally found his voice, how ever, Blazes eyes returned to him, allowing for full attention. He found his eye brows involuntarily lifting in response to what might it look like for the two to be hanging out. He almost said the words "Who cares.", only to be followed by some advice about people minding their business but before he could speak, Cayden continued. Aulan? The thought wandered, "When did he speak with Aulan? The female had not been seen in the Kumari Lands for a long time... Had she found Eclipse perhaps? He quickly pushed the thought aside for later use to foci on the now.
"Alpha?" He asked, unbidden. There was deep question in his voice, though it was not meant as reference to offence. "In that case, it would be me you'd need to challenge." He quickly replied with a playful gleam in his eye; but quickly shook his head with a smile. "No, to join a pack you need only appease both alphas - but not all packs have two alphas. Some, have but one; and all packs are different. I cannot speak for any other, but within the Kostas you cannot get anywhere without loyalty, trust and honour to your kin. To be an alpha, not only must you defeat the alpha, but you must also show the pack that you are just as worthy, if not more worthy of leading them than the one whom you challenge."
He breathed a soft sigh, it was simply one of contentment. "I will not pull you into anything you do not want to do Cayden, nor will i ever. You are your own wolf and you are a man. I only wish to be apart of your life - When, and if, you are ready."
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:56 pm

Cayden's head cocked sideways in sudden intrigue as Benjamin suggested that it would be himself that would be challenged for the rite of Alpha status, "W-Wait..." He choked out in a slighted bark of surprise, "You're Alpha of the Kostas again?" He repeated in disbelief before giving a bemused whine under his heated breath and adding in a somewhat more sarcastic tone, "What, do you people just come and go as you please then? Way I heard it, you turned away from the pack long ago and it went to someone named Zigan...-And then to that Bladewolf cat", Cayden wasn't calling blade a feline by any means but rather using a slight bit of slang he'd picked up from muchani, unintentionally. "I'm guessing that the Kostas trusted you more so than anyone else than huh, to let you back in and all after so long, the rumors about the place gave me the impression you'd struck out on your own..." Cayden eyed his father curiously, he'd not have really expected Blaze to pick up his old place in the pack again. To fall in alliance and work alongside the Kostas, that'd not surprised him but to be leading the pack...

"What's involved, exactly..." He questioned further, "with being part of this pack of yours, I mean?". His gaze shifted from Benjamin to the surrounding valley, it wasn't the first time he'd stood in such a place though the last time was fairly more pathetic than he'd wished to have been seen in public standing. The Kostas however were a part of his life whether he was willing to admit it or not. His sisters had been a part of it as had his mother once long ago and even WolfMortum which Cayden honestly found difficult to believe and if such a cold hearted and ruthless male as Wolf get involved then why'd Cayden find it so difficult to consider. Veita once more came to mind though this time accompanied with some doubt as he wondered how she might react to his being part of a pack, they were both Loners and that was something they held in common and respected in one another, without that, Cayden had to question whether she'd enjoy his company so much as they had lately together.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptySun May 17, 2015 4:05 am

Darkened ears turned backwards momentarily at the memory of handing down the alpha status to Zigan. If only Cayden had known why his father had made such a move he mightn't be so quick to judge. Though, all was to be set straight in due time; the thought quickly changed as Cayden continued.
A sigh fell through those black lips and Benjamin looked at his son, meeting his gaze for as long as Cayden would allow it. "You should not be so quick to judge those you do not yet know." He said softly, it was not meant to threatened the young wolf but more or less to subtly school him in the ways of a pack wolf- unintentionally. He continued after a short pause. "I left my position as alpha because I had a choice to make; and I chose your sister. I found that leading a pack cannot go hand in hand with raising children. You cannot do both with succession and being  father was much more important to me than being a leader." Again, his ear fell back as memories flooded through his mind. All of which he wished to share with his son, but he knew that now was not the time. Cayden would learn - and ask - about his disappearance from this land and the attempted retrieval of him and his two sisters when he was ready; Blaze would not push him.
"- But, to answer your question - Yes. I had left the pack for some time. There were... -Incidents that could not hold me a place in the pack; but I have snatched it from incapable hands in the face of it's demise to lead it back to the glory it once was."
He may have asked Cayden to join him, had he thought the young male wished it and further questions of pack life might have swayed him some, but Benjamin would let his son come upon it in his own time and on his own accord.
When Caydens gaze fell from his fathers, Benjamin too took the moment to look upon the lands that were now his home once more. He let the silence sit for a moment drawing in a long breath before he answered - "Loyalty." He answered with a small pause. "Honour." He continued, "-and family."
The last word he said as his gaze landed back upon his son with a pride that had not been there before. "The Kumari Pack was raised with the best standards and founded by friends and the beliefs of what it truly means to be a wolf. Any pack - Be them any type; small, large; merciless or merciful - will always be loyal to each other. Where one goes, the others will always follow; not because you must, but because you want to. Not because you are scared to be alone, but because you know it's where you belong."
He watched his son carefully, gauging his reaction without much of his own to be given. There would be nothing that Benjamin would give his son that would not leave him wanting,  or at least not leave him wanting to leave. It had taken much and more for Cayden to allow Benjamin in such close proximity and he would not do anything to jeopardise the relationship he wished to have with his son- whether or not the male chose to be apart of the pack he was born into or not.
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:19 am

"Hate to say it old man but you got the wrong end of that stick..." Cayden's ears flattened somewhat, throwing a skeptical glance back at his father in response to Bejamin's opening remark of why he'd stepped down from Alpha of the Kumari, "Whichever one of my twin sisters you chose to step down for, they probably could've fended for themselves without your help...", it wasn't meant to sound as an insult but more to give opinionated evidence to the strength and defiance within their bloodline though his tone of voice held a little bitterness and given their past, it was two easy to throw back at Blaze, his father. "I mean shit, look at me..." He spoke up once more, a minimal bite to his tone in defensive exclamation, "Taken from these lands as a pup, thought the old lady was right and that you were some piss weak old fuck who didn't care...-Turns out you've got the strength in our family and everything I knew was a fucking lie but hey I managed didn't I...-two years as a lone wolf growing up without either of you in the end, let alone that wretched bastard Wolf...-he'll be lucky if I don't catch up with him in the end". Cayden and Benjamin had stumbled on a very sensitive subject, family wasn't something either of them had succeeded at and though Cayden understood why Blaze had chosen to distance himself from the kumari, that it was really for his sister and he wanted to find respect in that decision, the past was still too touchy to even think about with anything more than only a pinch of logic, passions getting the best of him in its stead.

"Look...-The past has been shit but I want in on the Pack" Cayden turned back to throw his eyes once more against his fathers in direct acknowledgement and genuine ambition, "I've spent the few years I've lived of my life on my own, you're my blood but I know members of your former pack better than I know you yourself, let alone seen my sisters around. I'm tired of always being on the run, always living off of scraps, I can hunt better than most of the wolves around here and I bet I'm faster than you are, I can earn my keep..." Cayden was already arguing his uses before letting his father get in a word, trying to concrete his potential place with assurances that he'd be useful, when he did eventually fall silent, his defensive tone had fallen somewhat uncertain and perhaps even a touch inquisitive, looking back at Blaze in wait, "Well?...".
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:13 am

Benjamin allowed Cayden the time to speak without interruption - not that he would have been able to get a word in had he tried - and despite the seemingly judgmental outlook his son was giving him at that moment, he remained to keep his poker face, hiding the protective instinct for his daughter that boiled beneath the surface. If there had been a lesson to learn in his long life, it had been to pick his battles wisely. Even the strongest of souls only had so much fight in them.
It wasn't until the mention of Caydens wished vengeance upon Wolf Mortum did Benjamin show any sense of emotion upon his face. Brows furrowed somewhat in both confusion and surprise at the fact that his son, how ever close to the retched traitor, had not known of Wolf's death.
A tongue slipped past black lips that had gone dry and swept upon them to wet them once more and he decided that a prudent decision would be to let his son know of the death - but perhaps not now; not as a more interesting decision was placed upon him.
Quite admittedly, it had taken Benjamin by surprise. He had not at all called his son here today in the hopes that he might ask for permission to join the pack and without so much as a contested word from Blaze, Cayden was already arguing a place among the family he was born into.
Emerald eyes narrowed somewhat as if in silent contemplation as he stared at his son. A somber breeze ran through the area, giving subtle noise to the silence that sat comfortably - at least for Benjamin - between the two.
This was far more than what he had hoped for, it was a second chance at a life with a son he thought dead; or worse - lost to him forever. He thought for a moment on what the alpha female might say, but knew that it didn't much thought at all. The pack had grown small in the grace of Blade Wolf's leadership and Nammia had seemingly abandoned them.
After a long breath and an over head call from the white raven above, Benjamin shook his head "You are foolish to challenge my speed."
He stood to full height, only a touch taller than his son. His eyes looked skyward to find the raven over head instinctively before he turned his back upon his son and his chest towards the Kostas lands; but before he moved, he cast his gaze back at the earthen toned wolf expectantly, "You've been running for a long time, Cayden. You've shown me that you have what it takes to survive on your own in this god forsaken world; but I wonder if you can handle the responsibilities of a pack life. You've set high standards for yourself against the wolves that have lived here longer than you've been on this planet."
Cayden seemed to challenge himself at every turn; it seemed to keep him motivated and if it was a challenge he wanted, it would be a challenge he would receive. Benjamins emerald gaze softened and he gestured his head towards the Kostas lands with a quick movement and said, "Let's see you live up to them."
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:02 pm

"Hah!" Cayden exclaimed almost sarcastically, "I've survived on my own in lands far darker then these plains, old man...-I can take whatever you throw at me" his interest had admittedly been peaked by the prospect of further challenge though Cayden felt confident he could best anything that Blaze was prepared to offer him, the only downside to his former way of life was the isolation and that had been something that, since his entering the Kumari Plains, had been something he'd wanted to do away with after seeing so many of his own kind working together and seemingly getting along void of the stress and hard effort that Cayden seemed to feel was involved with such friendships, he'd lived the life of a lone wolf in every sense though he wasn't prepared to open up to his father quite that much just yet. There mere acknowledgement and sarcastic retorts back at Blaze were miles farther than the two had been since he first showed up in Bejamin's life again.

Glaring off in evident pride and excitement, he followed the direction that Blaze had looked off in and knew well that it was the heart of the packs territory, he'd stepped in on it many times before not having put much emphasis in 'owned' lands. "You want a race? is that it..." Cayden whined in anticipation, his mischief side coming to play in his exterior as he masked his excitement as best he could, "You sure you can keep up? I wouldn't want you to collapse on me before we reach the pack lands....-I'm pretty sure you're at least twice my age..." He barked softly, turning to face Benjamin again and tilting his head, "You might have lived here far longer than I have but like you said, I've been running for a long time..." He countered any possible response in repeating his fathers own remark, snicker escaping him as he turned back to face the Kostas territories.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 8:14 am

Benjamin couldn't help but chuckle - which he tried to stifle without much succession. He craned his massive neck and turned to meet his sons eyes for as long as Cayden would allow in his contained excitement, and saw the play beneath a steal gaze. It was met with familiar eyes and a single brow lifted in play.
"You have a lot of confidence for such a young wolf." He retorted with a mischievous tone, pushing the boundaries of comparability in his son. Though the two had not spent any time together since Caydens birth, right at this moment, the younger male reminded Benjamin of himself at a same age.
Since last he had seen him, it had seemed that something within the male had been lifted; like a veil that was clouding him. Benjamin had hoped that his time within the Kumari Lands would have been fruitful for not only their relationship, but for Cayden's own benefit; and as near as he could tell, it had at lest been true in some respect.
He smiled a wicked smile once turned away from his son, so as to hide any plan he might have concocted and his feet shifted beneath him as he began walking towards his lands. At the tip of his nose a single spark ignited, "You can take anything, aye?"
A flame caught where the spark had touched and grew swiftly to the size of a golf ball. Benjamin tossed his head towards his sons way and the flame flew towards the young wolf, "On your toes!" He barked before racing forwards and getting an unfair head start. If Cayden were not focused enough to evade the flame, it would do no damage having the strength of a candle flame.
Benjamin had no idea how fast Cayden was, or how quickly he could pick up speed - but without a shadow of a doubt, Blaze knew he was faster. After all, he'd never been beaten, would now be any different? He'd never had a son to know what had been passed down from father to son, and he was excited to know.
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:12 am

The light was temporarily blinding, a flash of brilliant orange and soon a white that took his vision, eyes tightly closing shut as he swung his head from side to side, sparks flaring about his face as the small fireball hit him square against the maw though doing little in the way of harming him, the surprise and sudden flinching was however more than enough to give Blaze a cheaters head start. "Argh!...-HEY!" Cayden barked in alarmed exclaim as he quickly realized what his father had done, "That's Not Fair!" he needlessly called out the act though Benjamin was already on the move. Cayden's ears perked only briefly as he watched his father run from him, there was for a brief moment, a hint of reluctance followed by the old imaginings of how fighting Blaze had once, long ago, looked in his mind though it was quickly shaken as his body surged with adrenaline and his hind legs wrought him back to reality, his instinctive pursuit a subconscious yet quickly intended play while his father had set the ground rules for what would be justified and otherwise. Albeit little in the former.

The wind lashed up against the sides of his face as Cayden's paws dug through the earth and propelled him forward with every swiftly placed step, his body lean and built more for the hunt than open fighting and this was where he typically triumphed, not so much in blunt butchery but out in the open plains where he could free himself to the spanning lands of green fields and earth rife for his leisure, this was usually his favorite part of the hunt and yet his father was no prey, at least not anymore. Cayden looked instead to Benjamin as a rival now, not as an enemy but a mark to aim to surpass, to prove himself against and to better where he could

The older male was a fight to keep up with though with every slight fumble of a step that Blaze might have in traversing the plains, every minute difference between their paces, Cayden gradually found himself to be gaining on his father, be it age or Caydens determination to best his father, he found himself coming up behind Blaze on the right hand side, to which the older males hind legs thundered against the ground almost within reach and this was where he intended to repay the favor his father had so wronged him by. Cayden couldn't help but find enjoyment in the thought of paying it forward.

It was a nip, nothing as gruesome as a real bite but enough to try and shake his fathers balance and hopefully topple the older male, Cayden went for the hind leg and maw opening, snapped playfully at the back of his father, his legs forcing him forward in attempt to keep up with him and should Blaze be unsuspecting and fall, Cayden would pass him shedding no pace to look back.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyFri May 22, 2015 6:53 am

A resounding chuckle bumbled form his closed maw in recession to his steps that thundered against the ground. His mouth opened, agape so breathing would be no issue and speed would ensue due to the lack of muscle fibers in his lungs having to work.
He had trained his body and lungs many years ago to simply circulate air into his lungs without the aid of muscle movement. He had found that it had improved both his speed and stamina; having had fresh air pumping vigorously through his veins, with legs pumping to match. Not only with that on his side, another finding had been that it had cooled his body, making over heating far less baggage over a longer space of time than it had been in previous years. Oh, the perks of wielding fire. Short burst of vicious energy.
Benjamin could feel the moment Cayden had reeled to join him in chase; and it sent his adrenaline wild. It had been far too long since the roles had changed and he had been the prey; it was invigorating.
He had kept his pace some what slow at first, making it easier for Cayden to catch him. Not to be mistaken with having no faith in his son, he only wanted to lengthen the chase and make it harder for the both of them; and the moment that Cayden had reached his flank, his neck craned to reach that little bit farther in step, an attempt to lengthen the distance between them. Now, he would truly begin the race.
With each pounding step his front legs made and against the earth, air was involuntarily exhaled from within his lungs, propelled by the force, only to be replaced with fresh oxygen as his chest and fore legs raised; his body self sufficiently feeding him oxygen; until a sharp pain sunk into his right flank; it disappeared just as quickly as it had occurred, but it was enough to startle him. He had been so enthralled in chase that the nip had caught him completely off guard. His head swiveled in reaction in attempt to catch his attacker at the side of the neck or shoulder, but this cause his footing to stumble.
It was a rookie mistake that almost caused him the loss of his momentum. Skilled paws fumbled over the earth, back legs kicked up at the front in order to gain purchase on the ground rightly so that the front could reach for a wide gape and continue forth; succession proceeded him swiftly, but at the cost of the lead.
A small growl in play rolled off of his tongue as his body tried aggressively to regain momentum and synchronization. He knew it would take a few moments, enough time for him to lose this race completely and he would not hand Cayden the trophy so easily.
The grounds of such a play had been set the moment the race had started, and it had been carried out now by both competitors. Without the momentum in his body, Benjmamin knew he would lose this one; there was a moment of fear, adjusted quickly and reformed into a playful determination to give his son the challenge he wished.
The tip of his tail began to glow, and rapidly decline producing cinders in his wake. Though they did not disperse in the back flow of his generated wind, instead keeping pace with him as the rest of his body seemed to do so.
The embers swallowed the entirety of his body, until he was a rolling ball of ashes, save for his face and chest, and rocketed forward. In no time flat he had become adjacent with his son, racing now along side the young wolf. If Cayden had not looked then, he would not have seen Benjamins power before it solidified and his body returned to him; legs pumping and momentum found once more.
By now, the long grass had surpassed the two of them and given way to trees, growing thicker with each passing stride. They were now in the heart of the Kostas Lands.
As the both of them ran side by side, it wouldn't take long for the trunks to be grazing the sides of their fur; by that time, A winner would have been decided- even if the chase had not yet given way to laughter - or fighting - and fumbling stupidly over the debris that covered the forest floor.
As Benjamin leaped over a log, moss covered with age and weather, he nipped at the tip of Caydens maw in the hopes the male would deter in order to evade and hopefully land with fumbling paws back upon the ground giving Benjamin the birth he needed before the trees decided a victory.
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptySat May 23, 2015 10:27 am

Cayden had him, he had the lead on Blaze and his ears fell back in response to the sound of his fathers stumbling to recover, it seems a large victory all things considered. Despite how small of a deal the race between the pair actually was, and how silly it was for Cayden to feel like he'd achieved something in the way of proving himself to his father, he could've grinned from ear to ear had he not been so focused on charging forward into the Kostas lands. The tree's were gradually becoming thicker and more frequent, perhaps they were nearing the packs more sheltered of areas though Cayden hadn't familiarized himself with the layout of the land despite having been in it several times. He'd always sought to be quick about his business when crossing into owned territories in order to avoid to much attention, even while he claimed he didn't care.

There was a brief flash of something to his left, his peripheral vision caught on though his sight and his mind failed to piece together what'd happened until his father was back at his side in full sprint and somehow matching his speed after such a fall. Being a wolf of no known ability falling under the means of unnatural or ethereal magicks, Cayden couldn't make sense of the recovery, far to few wolves of natures best could so quickly pursue their opponent after such a cheap yet crippling counter from another.

Whilst his gaze had been torn back to his father, something slapped him in the right side of his face, causing his head to instinctively drop as he quickly ducked beneath a light branch of leaves a green blur before his eyes fell closed for only a moment. Such a moment that was too critical to lose, the fallen trunk of the tree his father was preparing to jump across, came to late, his timing to few and his paws rising though being forced to land upon it only to propel himself higher into the air by jumping off of it. It cost him in speed and beneath him his father gained yet missed his chance to catch his son off guard as he shot through below.

The descent was slow, at-least that's how it was perceived in Cayden's eyes. In reality he came down like a pack of stones. He'd climbed to such an unexpected height that it'd downright ended his opportunity to finish in the lead and with such a twist, his paws weren't prepared for the sudden landing that brought his head down to the ground and forced half a growl mixed with a startled whine huffing from his maw in a temporary loss of breath, dust clouding up around his face and smoking his vision yet aside from his pride, leaving him otherwise unharmed. He didn't climb back to his fours as quickly as Benjamin might have expected, Cayden was proud but he wasn't silly, his father had won though he didn't understand how, Blaze had gained the advantage over him that Cayden wasn't equipped to recover, this therefore meant there was little point keeping up with his attempts and instead he simply took the time to gather his breath and sneeze away the dust that was falling far to slowly and much to his frustration, perhaps partially to his discomfort for losing, he groaned aloud before forcing himself back upright and moving to trot off after his father.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyMon May 25, 2015 5:23 am

Jaws snapped shut upon empty air much to Benjamin's surprise. Cayden had been right beside him, how had he disappeared so fast? It was no matter, there would be time Enoch to figure that out once he was back upon secure ounce. His neck craned backwards as fore legs reached forwards, ears becoming erect, whilst the back legs chambered into the body in attempt to widening his gape and prepare for an easy landing that would allow himself to propel forwards hoping to leave Cayden in tow.
The flight was easy and the landing - flawless. Claws gripped the earth with enough purchase to gain which he sought. His narrowed chest came forward to take what ever force he would incur into the shoulders and give ease and flow to the back legs - which sprung him forwards; but all was ill timed as a hard weight hit him from behind, knocking the hind legs from under him and sending the large male hurtling forwards with a series of grunts and whines. Debris flew all around him, along with the limbs of his son before his tumble broke them apart.
Reaction saw Blaze break himself free the moment he was able, the claws of front paws scratching at the earth to swiftly find his feet. There was a small amount of blood on his right front leg, but the soft stinging was quickly thrown to the back of his mind as the task of figuring out his mistake was made priority.
His massive head swung to look over his shoulder, it was there that he saw Cayden where he found conclusion; the earthly toned wolf had somehow managed to cause a ruckus between the two, cutting the race short and resulting it in a draw. Slowly he turned and began in a trot to meet his son and see if he too, had incurred some injuries, albeit perhaps worse than Benjamins; but as Caydn reached his own feet, a relief swept through him and he smiled. "[color=red]You sure know how to cause a scene.[color]"
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 1:18 am

((Apologies for how long it's taken me to get this out there, I've been going through some personal shit, it's also a little short but I figured it's better than nothing right?))

Cayden huffed as he forced himself back to his feet following his feebish stumble that'd landed him closer to one of the tree's than he'd have liked. Turning to look back to his father, he might have been annoyed once though something in him couldn't help but force a snicker to rise up in his throat at Benjamin for the way he'd acted trying to get one up over him. He moved in a light prance almost, something in the way of his demeanor having found a more playful side of him the likes that rarely presented itself and no one aside from Veita had yet witnessed in these lands up until now, that cocky arrogant tone in his voice that always followed didn't disappoint as he countered his father in mock-playful remark, "Hey don't point the paws at me old man, you cheated...-I'd have had you bowing to me if you hadn't tried to pull a quick one under my eyes.." He barked lightly before shaking his head in amused chuckle, his eyes soon rolling as if to suggest nothing had passed his notice, "You never told me you were going to use any of those more 'out there' abilities of yours either, had I known, I'd not have bothered..." He was trying to savor some of his pride though it hadn't escaped him that Blaze had thrown out a kind of maneuver that Cayden just didn't know he was capable of. Having never been taught of these things nor shown the traits that might be shared among his family, his blood line and heritage, it hadn't occurred to him and so he took it as a cheap trick, though an amusing one fortunately for his father.

"I'll get you next time...-You can count on that...".
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:39 pm

The remark from his son was shortly followed by a smirk in response and a shrug as the older male simply brushed it off. "You of all canines should have been ready for anything." He replied with a smirk upon this wolves black lips - obviously teasing. "Life doesn't give you a rule book." There was a tone within the jesting that suggested truth and some sort of seriousness to those words, a hidden depth of pain perhaps. Though, Benjamin would not yet allow his son to see the darker side of him; perhaps not ever.
"Next time, I won't go so easy on you." He concluded with a raised eye brow and that same smile upon his lips. As Cayden reached his side, Benjamin nudged him playfully with his shoulder before trotting away a few steps deeper into the forest. Beams of light burst through the over grown leaves of the canopy above, casting light in various spots upon the ground. It was enough light to illuminate the area enough for the wolves to see, how ever, had they been human it might have been a different story.
Without looking or seeing, a paw carefully lifted over a mushroom that was growing in a darker part of the floor; careful not to disrupt it. It might have seemed redundant considering the ruckus and destruction the two had just left in their wake; but there was an untold respect for this land within this male and he wished to pass it on to his son.
He looked back to Cayden, making sure the younger wolf was following; unknowingly being led to the den where it all began.
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 5:43 am

The old man was lecturing him, at-least that's how Cayden heard it. 'Life doesn't give you a rule book? No shit, I learned that when my mother dragged me away from my homeland, soon to be hunted, killed and me left for dead...-Hating you and wanting you dead with no one else to blame...' It took him everything to keep his maw tightly shut, his lip flaring slightly yet turning his gaze away to the right looking elsewhere in hiding his frustration and yes, even anger. He didn't need to be told how unfair life was, even if Blaze felt he was making up for lost time, Cayden wasn't that pup anymore, he didn't need to be lead by anyone like he knew nothing at all about the world that had carved him into such a skilled hunter, a loner by life's choosing, not his fathers comfortable living alongside pack-mates and females of his choosing. "Whatever..." He muttered under his breath, responding after Benjamin's final remark before slowly keeping pace with him and stopping just shy of his fathers little display.

He couldn't stomach the eye contact in the moment, with the one sentence, his father had pushed him away unintentionally. The two not having the time to learn how to handle one another, blows would ensue should things not take to a different direction, Cayden forcing himself to speak knowing his emotions shouldn't truly be thrown in his fathers face, it wasn't Blaze's intention for life to take him down so many pegs. For what little it was worth, his old man was trying, he supposed.

"You seem to know this land well enough...-Though I'm not looking for a guide.." His words carried a fumbled sense of intent though he couldn't hide the tone of his voice, frustration leaking wildly out in his words and forcing him to grown, a low grumble to himself before he'd turn and look off in the direction he'd come, wondering whether it hadn't been a mistake to try to get to know his father after such a different way of living. "You're still a cheat..." He barked heatedly under his breath, his attempt to force some humor back between the pair though likely a failure in swaying the discussion back their way, "...-Don't act like I'm new to the world, alright. I can survive on my own, I don't need anyone offering me charity".
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 1:26 am

The immediate offence that Cayden had taken from Benjamins inobvious statement about his own life was duly noted. He took a few steps away from his son to give the male some room to himself without making it obvious - ears becoming erect as he pretended that his attention had focused upon a small bug ass it made it's way up the trunk of a near by tree.
There was a lot the two had to learn about each other, but Blaze had decided that he was not going to hide who he was and tip toe around Caydens moods just to benefit the relationship between himself and his son; that would be counter productive. Plus, Cayden had to learn how to handle multiple personalities if he was ever going to live happily within a pack life.
He sat his behind upon the cold earth, the fur upon his tail splaying behind him as it relaxed in the dirt and his gaze swept the forest; catching the look that the younger wolf pressed upon the way he had come. It had taken Benjamin all of five minutes to realise that swaying his sons mind into leaving and living a solitary life was all too easy; perhaps for now, he should play it a little safer around the mood swings. Cayden leaving was indeed the last thing on Benjamins mind.
His gaze followed that of Caydens back to the meadow for as long as his son held it, only shifting to meet his eye contact when met by his sons crimson gaze. His form was lax and unconfrontaional. Some would say "relaxed" was adequate as his son spoke. He offered a whimsical smile at the males efforts to lighten the mood, taking the invitation easily and naturally, but a soft sigh followed the comment on the pack as a charity. It was a comfortable sigh and one met with a softly warm gaze. His voice was to follow.
"I am not trying to step upon your toes, Cayden. The land is yours to run as you please. You may come, and you may go as you please. No one is keeping you here." It was not meant as a threat, nor did it sound as one, more or less a releasing of the metaphorical chains Cayden might other wise think his father was trying to restrain him with.
"If you are indeed feeling indifferent to the idea of living within a family, you are not being held here beyond your own will; we will always be here - I will always be here, if and when you are ready to learn what being in a pack is all about." If his son truly did want to leave, now was his chance to go with an unhindered conscience.
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 4:43 am

His father had misinterpreted his words, perhaps Cayden hadn't spoken clearly enough to properly express his frustration in Benjamin himself, where not of any regard to the pack, it was a family dispute in Cayden's mind that had come of them and by no means did he wish to turn down the opportunity to become something greater than himself. "You don't get it..." He muttered under his breath before lifting his head to look back at Blaze rather confidently in his opinionated stance, speaking with a mutual tone just as his father had and wanting nothing in the way of a fight to come between them, just as his father did. "I want to learn more about being with the Pack, being a part of something that I was apparently meant for. Now, I'm not sure I believe I'm destined for anything in this life but I am interested and I'm tired of surviving on my own with nothing to show for it. That said...-I know you think I'm young and I may be your son but don't talk down to me as if I know nothing of this world..."

His expression seemed to harden, his eyes darting to the right as he continued to justify his reluctance for what might be considered fatherly love, lectures and the like. "I've come this far and I've killed to get here, our kind, humans, whatever...-The point is I'm strong enough to fend for myself. I know there are no rules to the wilds but this is our life, my life, and nothing has killed me yet so please...-Don't treat me like a useless pup, I may not have your 'powers' but I sure as hell will give you a run for your reputation if that's what it takes".
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 3:50 am

A small smirk released from his maw and his eyes averted from Caydens for a minute within the space of time his sone had allowed between sentences. Cayden was right. He wasn't a young pup anymore, he had proven that when he had arrived here - and before; but Blaze could not see him any other way.
Emerald eyes cast away from his son in an attempt to hide the pain that had built there within the last few seconds before it was quickly dismissed and shoved to the side.
The older male nodded lightly and sighed softly, "I don't doubt you can." He said simply, sincerely. Slowly, he raised from the seated position while he finished his sentence within his own mind. I guess it isn't easy to just let the lost years go.
"I suppose that we have a lot to learn of each other, eh?" He replied with a smile, glancing backwards.

((Sorry it's so short, I came up fairly blank... :/ ))
Back to top Go down
Cayden Nekishu
Able
Able
Cayden Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:13 am

Cayden Nekishu released a huff something of a youthful display of resignation as he heard the tone of regret in Benjamin's words, his father was obviously trying and it was too difficult to refuse to acknowledge. "Yeah, I suppose we do..." He muttered with some slight hint of remorse, his defensive nature still up about himself though not without the suggestion of a silent apology in the way that his stance shifted and he relaxed some, showing little to no aggression to his father now, "I'm sorry, I just don't like people talking down at me like I have something to prove. I don't need people expecting me to live up to your reputation or you expecting to be able to teach me how to be what you used to be...", Cayden was quickly becoming to realize something in the moment, and though it might of confused Blaze at the time, he spoke up about it in addition, "I'm not going to grow up to be you and I don't want to lead your pack....-Don't get me wrong, I want to be with you and learn to be a packmate to the others but as intriguing as it was, I don't want to have to live under your shadow in order to become someone I'm not and what I'm not is someone easily led by others...-Certainly not someone who will take being talked down to. If that makes me a bad fit for the Kostas...-I guess that's just the way it is...". Cayden fell to his hind legs, sitting to look to his father, his tone sincere and quiet intending nothing but talking to his father, dropping his guard and trying to share something between the two, "I don't know if it's what you want to hear Benjamin but you didn't raise me...-Neither did Mom...-I'm not going to pretend I'm anything like the two of you...-I need to be who I want to be. You get that right?".
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:48 am

Whilst Cayden spoke, the older male took the opportunity to sit just as his son had; nestling his backside into the grass and giving full attention to the younger but by no means smaller, wolf.
Emotions surged through his bodice at words spoken, the feeling of despair caused his tail to instinctively and protectively wrap around his paws as they shuffled inwards towards his body.
He only wished he knew Cayden better, then perhaps they would meet eye to eye on a stronger level. There is only up and forward.
He thought with a hint of courage that seeped through as Cayden continued talking. It was true what his son was saying and it wasn't at all something that Benjamin didn't enjoy hearing; in actual fact, there was a deep sense of pride in his sons words.

Unbidden, he nodded his head as he listened and turned away in thought, the subtle hint of a smile upon his face. He then shook his head and raised it to look into those deep crimson eyes, unshying away.
"You are a perfect fit for Kostas, Cayden-"
and perhaps exactly what it needs. he thought in pausing;
"-and I would never expect you to grow to be the man I am, nor the man anyone else is. You are who you are and I respect that of you; and that is all I could ever ask for as your father; and be that as it may, I may be your father but that does not in any way give you reason to have to treat me as such. You will treat me with that much respect when and if I have earned it from you, personally"
A sigh left those thick black lips and his brows raised "As for getting to know each other, I suppose that will come with time; and time is all we have now. The past is the past. It'll never be forgotten but it's time to move on. Let me get to know you, and not the wolf anyone expects you to be, if that is indeed the truth of it.  If they look down on you for that, tell them to get fucked." he finished with a smirk.

After a moment the male raised to his feet and began walking in the direction they had been travelling before. "I'm hungry." he said matter of factly, turning to face the wall of trees. Ears coming to stand erect upon his crown began swivelling as noises fell unto them. "youre wlcome to join in hunt if you wish. Other wise, we can catch up later?" he asked casually, leaving the question to hang for a moment before turning to leave emerald eyes upon the male.

"speech"
Art/Code by Eclipse- Do not use without permission!
[/i]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redirection (tag:Cayden)   Redirection (tag:Cayden) Empty

Back to top Go down

Redirection (tag:Cayden)
Page 1 of 1