Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!
Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!

This is the Role play site you've been looking for.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:02 pm
s w i t c h .
a c c o u n t s

Latest topics
» Forced Heroes
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:13 pm

» Victory
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 pm

» Uninvited Guest
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Desi'Andrea Sabine Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:57 pm

» The Dusk Comes
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Bladewolf Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 pm

» Making Trouble
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Aleria Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:53 pm

» Lone Wanderings (Open)
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Noctis Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:46 am

» Coming Home (Blade)
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Bladewolf Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 pm

» Valkoine
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Admin Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:23 am

» Second Chances
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 am

» Mannix
URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Emptyby Mannix Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 am

V O T E
m a k e . u s . # 1

Top 50 Wolf RPG

Last of the Wilds

100 Wolf Roleplay Sites

Intus Incednia's K9 Elites

Top 100 Canine Sites

100 Top Wolf RP Sites

URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet
Member Status: Warden of the East Warden of the East

URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Empty
PostSubject: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:17 am

Hey all,

Blaze and I have spoken about the PM he recently sent out about the "adfly redirect" and having to create a new account to be able to log into the site. I've researched the problem and it seems that this problem has been affecting other forumotion forums have been having this problem for a while. After a little looking around I see that the problem is either caused by a malware issue on the user's computer where something is affecting every browser that the user has installed on their computer. Which can solved that way by either running an scan with a anti-malware software or if one isn't installed or is something crappy like Norton or McAfee, I would highly recommend Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/ . I work on a college campus and this is what is used on every computer that we put out for all the faculty and staff. I can also vouch for it personally from experience; it works great. If a anti-malware software is already installed or if there's trouble, I would also download rkill: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/ . rkill disables other running anti-malware softwares that might interfere or other programs/services that might interfere with the scan that might make malwarebytes overlook infections. So run rkill first then malwarebytes.

If this doesn't fix the issue, Blaze and I have come to the conclusion that it is forumotion who is doing this to either random users or users who use specific servers (meaning where you are in the world and which server you connect to to browse the interwebs). He is going to contact the higher ups of forumotion to see if this problem can be fixed.

I would still recommend you run an anti-malware on your computer just to give it a good wipe and clear out any infections. Both softwares are free and easy to run. Like I said, rkill disables any interferences and malwarebytes actually scans for infections.

Let Blaze know if anymore problems arise with your account.
Back to top Go down
Nammia
Elite
Elite
Nammia

Character Sheet
Member Status: Kostas Pack Kostas Pack

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks man. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:15 pm

As Nammia said thank you Very Happy
I tired both though and still can't log in as Orchid, though some malware was removed. I do have Norton though since that was what my Dad got for a family pack thing, though Malwarebytes looks like it would be cheaper and better. The add was blocked but the sight still showed up and I wasn't able to log in properly. Who knows, maybe when I go back home I'll be able to log in on that account again, after all I did switch to the schools public wifi (only thing I got back in the dorms) to the private one (now that I can get it in the apartments) so that could be a factror. The first time I switched wifi back it worked but only that first time.
Hope all that rambling info may be of use somehow.
Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Norton is the bane of any computer's existence. It is probably one of the worst anti-malware software's out there. And you have to pay for it. It came with my new laptop I recently got and I didn't even wait for the subcription to end, I removed it from my laptop and installed microsoft security essentials (free and provided by microsoft, another which I highly recommend). I use MSE for my main anti-virus/malware software and if I need to run an emergency scan, I run rkill then malwarebytes to get rid of infections and it does an excellent job. Kit, if anything, and no offense to your dad, but get rid of Norton. Don't tell him to buy it anymore; its a waste of money. Both Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials are free and perform a hell of a lot better.

Also, when you mentioned that your ad was blocked but the site still didn't let you log on, it made me think of something. And this goes for everyone. If you use chrome (and if you don't, that's another thing I would highly recommend to use as your web browser. From experience, it performs the best for me) there is a thing called "Adblock". Its an extension (I personally keep my browsers as clean and tidy as possible from extensions), but this one is one I have kept and I can't thank the creators enough. It looks like a stop sign with a hand in the middle and it stops all the pop ups, ads that play on webpages, like the soap commercials on the far side at the top of the page that randomly start playing or the commercials before youtube videos; yes those are completely gone.

I'm not sure if adblock is available on firefox and I know for sure its not on Internet Explorer. But if you have chrome, go to the web store and look for "Adblock" and it should be one of the first ones.

The wifi that you were connected to might also be a factor, Kit. I know at the college I'm at the wifi can be a bit wacky in terms of not letting do certain things as compared to when I'm at my house on my home wifi. So maybe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 7:02 pm

No offence taken, it's just that Macafe and Norton are basicly the only things we can buy in our town, both finding wise and expense wise (we pretty much live paycheck to paycheck if it wasn't for grandparents and I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for scholarships) and as for things online he doesn't trust using a credit card online. I don't half the time either.
I tired adblock, I tired linkbucks skip, and adflyby passer, none of them do any good though :p I mean, the linkbucks one blocks the page but it won't let me continue on to Kumari.
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 7:24 pm

I know how living paycheck to paycheck feels. But good news that both malwarebytes and microsoft security essentials are both totally free to download and no fees later on. Only need to update them once in a while.

Ah, oh well. I suppose adblock would be worth a shot. As I said earlier, Blaze will look into it and hopefully contact the admins of forumotion.
Back to top Go down
Kismet
Able
Able
Kismet

Character Sheet
Member Status: Lone Lone

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm having this issue but on a different forum, it's quite the pain. I'll try all of the suggestions above and see how it works for me.

Thanks for the tech support guys!
Back to top Go down
http://underworldrevolution.jcink.net
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Oh no, well hopefully we can sort that for you kismet and you can pass it to your admin. Let us know how you get on and together we can work out a solution Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thekumariwolves.ohmylife.net
Kismet
Able
Able
Kismet

Character Sheet
Member Status: Lone Lone

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 am

Have there been any new updates on this?

Back to top Go down
http://underworldrevolution.jcink.net
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 6:45 am

Today, in fact.

See here: http://help.forumotion.com/t130180-only-topic-adfly-page-appears-while-connecting-on-my-forum

If you do not have an account on forumotion forum feel free to PM me with all the details needed and I can forward it to them.
Back to top Go down
http://thekumariwolves.ohmylife.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in   URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in Empty

Back to top Go down

URGENT: Those who are having trouble logging in
Page 1 of 1