Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!
Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!

This is the Role play site you've been looking for.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:02 pm
s w i t c h .
a c c o u n t s

Latest topics
» Forced Heroes
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:13 pm

» Victory
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 pm

» Uninvited Guest
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Desi'Andrea Sabine Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:57 pm

» The Dusk Comes
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Bladewolf Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 pm

» Making Trouble
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Aleria Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:53 pm

» Lone Wanderings (Open)
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Noctis Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:46 am

» Coming Home (Blade)
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Bladewolf Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 pm

» Valkoine
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Admin Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:23 am

» Second Chances
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 am

» Mannix
First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Emptyby Mannix Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 am

V O T E
m a k e . u s . # 1

Top 50 Wolf RPG

Last of the Wilds

100 Wolf Roleplay Sites

Intus Incednia's K9 Elites

Top 100 Canine Sites

100 Top Wolf RP Sites

First Steps into a New Life; What Now?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Charon
Veteran
Veteran

Character Sheet
Member Status: Warden of the East Warden of the East

First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Steps into a New Life; What Now?   First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Raleigh chuckled along with Yuzuki as she promised to teach him the ways of 'pitiful human life'. That would be useful or else if he appeared as a human in their society, he would be instantly spotted as an outcast. Humans would be forever the most odd creatures to Raleigh, but he was willing to learn, to be with Yuzuki. They had become giddy as they laughed at each other's jokes and antics. Speaking about the heavy subject of souls has brought them back to Earth for the time being, each adopting a more serious nature. She didn't believe him, how hollow he was, soulless. It was true, but she counter argued that he should in fact have one. A curve came to his lips as he glanced downward. "I appreciate the sentiment, but it's true. If we had a way to see the souls of others, I'd show you... It was the exchange for the immortality that I, and my past kin, have endured. I learned of this from my elders and they told me if and when we would die, we'd become nothing...." He paused for a moment, hesitating to voice his faults. "Having learned this, I trained to become strong and save mine and my brother's soul from Lucifer's grasp. But I was anxious and my haste got the better of me and I was cursed as a result, as well as imprisoned in Hell for over two centuries." He rubbed the scarred tissue on his left arm out of habit.

Yuzuki and Raleigh shared more laughter as the silver haired woman enjoyed and shared his thoughts on her deceased Father and ex-Alpha of her pack. Unlike Yuzuki, he was happy to trample on the graves of those who committed such heinous acts, especially against their own kind. This is when he began to regret some of his past acts when he turned sour towards the world. He wasn't one to talk of such things, as he isn't free of blame. Perhaps when he has completed his current journey, he could start a new chapter, redeeming himself in any way possible, righting his wrongs, repenting. He had a feeling that Yuzuki would be with him and that made him feel happy inside.

Trying his best to comfort her in his own odd kind of way, he told her that she didn't have anything to worry about and in a way, they would be outcasts together. She agreed, calling him a 'hell hound'. He chuckled, "Oh, am I a Hell hound now? I guess it fits." A small smile rested on his lips. He wondered if he should take it as some sort of compliment, coming from her. Both looking to the branded runes that marred his skin, Yuzuki took hold of his wrist and brought him closer to her. Taking some of the bandages that wrapped up some of the wolves they rescued, she covered up the marks, hiding them away. To be honest, he didn't even think about wrapping them up but didn't oppose her as she did so. It was surprising she remembered that he would want them covered, even though they've known each other for a short period of time. Once she had finished, he reached over and clasped her shoulders, looking at her fond manner, again silently comforting and showing his gratitude to her in his odd way.

Lulling into a quite night, Yuzuki asked of him a favor. She asked for him to accompany her to her old home and with little hesitation, Raleigh agreed. It sounded fun and interesting. Perhaps he'll get to know more about her. Stating he would be right behind her, he finished his sentence with a yawn. All of a sudden he was feeling like he could sleep and her mentioning it made him yawn again. His eyes closed as he nodded lazily in response. "In thah mornin'... sounds good..." The darkness of sleep overcame him as he quickly drifted off.

A dream came to him that night, one that was finally different from his usual night terrors. It was short and quick. 'Waking up' in his dream, a figure stood over him. He couldn't see much as it was shadowed because the fire was directly behind the figure. It only spoke and it sounded much like Lucifer. "You have a powerful spirit, as I have so witnessed with the soul of yours I have in my possession. I chose these strong spirits throughout the world and mold them into my vessels. It just so happens I chose you as one of those and now you are in the process of becoming my vessel to appear permanently in this part of the world. Be happy that I'm giving you the ability to become human, it is a gift from me to you." Then the figure jumped and dove into Raleigh's body. Scaring him awake, Raleigh woke in a cold sweat. Looking over, it seems he didn't disturb Yuzuki. Luckily, he was still quite fatigued and within minutes was able to fall asleep once more.

(Feel free to take it to the morning.)
Back to top Go down
Yuzuki Nanoche
Elite
Elite
Yuzuki Nanoche

Character Sheet
Member Status: Lone Lone

PostSubject: Re: First Steps into a New Life; What Now?   First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 5:43 am

After they spoke, Raleigh quickly fell into a sleep. Yuzuki watched him a moment with a smile, ''You would not become nothing, Raleigh.'' It didn't matter that he thought that, as long as you were in another's memories, you never truly died. He would always be in her memories. She glanced over the other sleeping wolves before pushing herself up, knowing she would not be able to sleep. Her mind was too filled with memories to be able to sleep.

Yuzuki stepped silently around the makeshift camp, they were safe here, for now. She continued to walk through the surrounding woods until she stopped at the base of a ancient looking tree. She rested a palm on the trunk, thinking of all the things it must have seen in it's long life. She thought about how long Raleigh had lived too, the things he would have seen. The changes in times and in attitudes. It saddened her a little, that in all that time he had been alive, she found him alone. She bent down a little and pulled up a few of the flowers that were growing by the tree.

The palm of her hand clasped the trunk a little before she pulled herself up with ease and speed, her speed too fast for the human eye to see as she scaled the tree. The only inkling someone was on it, was the subtle breaking of twigs and a few leaves floating down to the ground. When she had reached the highest branch that could support her weight, she stopped, balancing and looking out over her surroundings. This place was beautiful, even in the darkness. She held her head up to the stars and crunched up the flowers in her hands before letting them go and drift away in the wind. ''I will lay flowers at your real grave soon, Jacobi.'' She spoke of her friend, Jacobi had saved her life, he had cared for her and kept her alive when she had been cast out. She would not have been here today if it were not for him.

Yuzuki brought herself down to sit on the branch, leaning her side into the trunk. She sat there watching and thinking, feeling the wind and taking in the various scents around her. The sun soon began to rise and she watched the sky turn from red to orange as the sun's rays lit up the sky, which too was announced by the birds. She ran her hands through her hair before standing once again. Yuzuki walked to the very edge of the branch, it began to bend and creak at her weight before she simply walked off of it and let herself fall. Her hair was pulled up by the rushing wind, her arms were outstretched before she readjusted herself and threw herself at a tree opposite, using her feet to land on the trunk and thrust back off to land at a crouch on the ground below.

The others would be waking up by now, so Yuzuki made her way back to the camp to see some had indeed already awoken. She smiled and then began to pack up a back of supplies for her and Raleigh to take along with them. ''What will you do now? Where will you go?'' She began to ask some of the older wolves, she wanted to know they had a plan, that they would be stable and find somewhere to settle. One spoke of distant relatives in another land, Yuzuki nodded, she had been worried they would have nowhere, that she would feel guilty and try to sort them out herself, but this was good news. She sat herself down, thinking Raleigh might still be asleep, and began to make a plan with them, that was all she could offer them.
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Steps into a New Life; What Now?   First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Raleigh awoke with a shiver, the dream he had questioned whether if he was dreaming now or he was truly awake. Hands reached up to touch his scruffy face and pulled his dark locks away from his face. Glancing to his hands, the immortal gave himself a shock, briefly forgetting he took the appearance of a human. Breaths were quick but soon he was able to calm himself. Looking down to his torso, Raleigh felt around where the figure, which he assumed was Lucifer, had leaped into him from his dream. Nothing felt different from the norm, which could be good news, but then again what if he felt fine only because he wasn't supposed to feel anything different? Head falling back to the wood log, it was difficult to quell the questions. No, it was just a dream... just a dream..., Raleigh convinced himself that he had nothing to worry about. Lucifer's words though made an impression on his mind. It would seem there was a purpose for all of this, what the Angel of Hell had done for him and what plans he had for the wolf. Steadying his resolve, Raleigh only was more ready to master this power that was bequeathed unto him and use it against that bastard.

Rolling to the side which Yuzuki was beside him, he found her gone. Glancing around, he didn't find her. He wasn't sure where she would go, but he did know one thing: he had to relieve himself bad. Sitting up, Raleigh could feel the creaking of his joints as they fought his motions. It probably wasn't the best idea to fall asleep reclined against a log, especially with how going all demon-mode made him feel arthritic all over. Slowly, he rolled onto his knees, then put a foot underneath and pushed himself up. Back stiff, hands pushed onto his lower back as he forced to straighten his spine. A few pops and cracks, the bones realigned and Raleigh sighed of relief. Now just to move his stiff legs while still holding it in. Quietly as he could, the man strided away from the camp and into the darkness. Still readjusting to the dark and being awake, it wasn't til now that he realized that the storm had finally stopped. His feet got steadily muddier with each step. A good distance away, the male went through all the motions of sniffing around the trunks for one he could mark. Finding one, luckily he had enough sense to remove the fabric that acted as a cover for his loins and held onto it with his hand. Turning to the side, he lifted a leg and began to relieve himself. However, Raleigh failed to realized that the stream wasn't going anywhere near the tree, however it went straight and off to the side. Finished, the man returned his cover to his waist, fumbling with the edge as he tried to tuck it in. Finally getting it, he made his way back. Yuzuki still absent, he wondered where she had wandered off to. The fire had reduced to glowing embers. Too tired still to worry about any of it, Raleigh found his spot and lied down rather than recline against the log. Lying on his side, he found his head dipped too far down and used an arm as a pillow. He figured it was close to daybreak by now and decided to get as much sleep as he could before everyone else was up and moving.

Falling asleep once more, his mind was silent for once in a very long time and Raleigh's sleep went quick. The next thing he knew was the gentle voice of Yuzuki speaking, but he couldn't quite make out what she was saying. Birds chirped and the air began to warm up. Waking up was gradual until his senses all returned and reality returned. Unfamiliar voices spoke with Yuzuki about plans of something. He presumed those were the individuals that he had rescued yesterday. Fortunate for him, Raleigh was lying so that everyone was behind him, so they couldn't tell whether he was awake or not easily. For now he quietly listened. He would let Yuzuki figure this out, as such responsibility he wasn't so sure he was ready to take. From what they were talking about, however, it would seem that the wolves mostly have a place to return to, which was a relief.

After some time, Raleigh was unable to lie quietly, feigning sleep. Slowly, he stretched and moved to sit up. Grunting and groaning as he did so, he reclined against the log once again. Making it seem as if he just woke up, eyes slowly opened to look to the others. In a groggy voice, he asked, "So wha's goin' on? A hand rose to scratch his chest as his tongue smacked to wet his mouth. Blinking, his eyes adjusted to the early morning, sunlight poking through some of the foliage. After his question has been answered, he would then ask, "Oh, do they all have places to go back to?, even though he already half knew the answer to his own question. After some explanations, it was deduced all had their own ways and places to return to, however a pair, specifically a Father and son were going to be heading in the same direction as him and Yuzuki. This wouldn't have much significance if two of the Father's limps were broken. Both his hind legs were broke in different places and fortunately Yuzuki had splinted them last night. But this also means they wouldn't be able to travel back home. Quickly realizing the situation, Raleigh's eyes closed as he tried to stifle his huff, Now I have two other's I gotta care for. Arms crossed over his bare chest as he looked to the Father and son. The adolescent wasn't big or strong enough, it would seem, to carry his Father, let alone the distance back to their home. With reluctance, Raleigh stated, "We'll take you home." The Father, with tears in his eyes, humbly thanked him and Yuzuki. The young one only smiled, but it could be seen he too was grateful.

Gathering supplies from the hunters and the camp, they had a back pack which they stuffed with as much as they could of food, water and other miscellaneous things. Remembering how humans wore clothes, they found extra clothing that the hunters had packed. Finding a simple grey t-shirt and dark brown cargo shorts, he tried them on. The shirt fit a little tight, but the shorts were a tad lose. No belt could be found, but luckily there was twine. Looping the string through the belt loops, Raleigh had trouble tying it. After figuring that out, and Yuzuki only having male clothing to choose from, next was figuring out how the Father was going to be carried. Simply throwing him over his shoulder didn't sound like the best option. Seeing the twine and fabric that had covered him and Yuzuki previously, Raleigh explained his idea to Yuzuki that they wrap the older wolf up in the fabric then tie twine around it so Raleigh could carry the male on his back.
Back to top Go down
Yuzuki Nanoche
Elite
Elite
Yuzuki Nanoche

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Steps into a New Life; What Now?   First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 4:14 pm

It took a little while, but they managed to figure out where most of them were going to go, how they were going to get there and the other finer details. Yuzuki seemed to have taken charge, going back into her old alpha status for a moment, forgetting herself. But, the others were grateful, happy even, to have some sort of guidance as most of them still seemed to be suffering from shock over the entire thing.

Raleigh soon began to stir with stretches and groans, Yuzuki smiled ever so slightly. He was acting like the old man he actually was. It amused her for a moment, until he asked the questions and she answered, back into the present time, ''Well, we have most of them sorted out. They have relatives they can go to, so we have devised a plan between us as to how they will get there.'' She turned to a pair, a father and son. They would be going in the same direction as Yuzuki's former pack were, after telling Raleigh this, she looked to the father of the two, he was injured. Injured enough that a journey for him and his son alone would be difficult. She hesitated in asking Raleigh to help, she would try, she was stronger than she looked. But, seen as Raleigh and Yuzuki travelled together, part of the burden would fall on him also.

Before Yuzuki actually asked Raleigh anything, he said what she wanted to hear. She maintained eye contact with him for a moment, he usually tried to put out this heartless act, when really he was actually alright. She grinned at him in her thoughts with a slight shake of her head, before nodding to the two with a smile to their thanks. The boy was quiet, too quiet. Maybe he was just shy, or still a little scared.. or something. But Yuzuki placed a hand on his shoulder and offered it a gentle squeeze in small reassurance.

After the others began to leave with waves of goodbyes, they had managed to pack up some things for their journey. Yuzuki wandered off for a moment as she changed, returning with long khaki trousers that somehow fit her and a black top that she had to tie up around her waist as she almost drowned in the thing. She pulled her hair up and tightened it their with an elastic band she found in one of the packs left behind. The only thing she didn't have, were some shoes. All of the ones she found were far too big, so she would have to go bare foot. But, that didn't really bother her all that much.

Raleigh had sorted himself out, it was still strange for her to see him in a human form. He had it pretty much down, at least she didn't have to tie things up for him now. Yuzuki imagined that the father would look like a giant swaddled baby on Raleigh's back, but she couldn't really think of a better option right now for the long journey ahead. She agreed and then, with the help of the son, they got to work in securing the man on Raleigh's back. ''Ok. Are we all good?'' She asked, the man looked as comfortable as he could be in that situation, and Raleigh... well Yuzuki had a slight glint in her eye at how he looked right now, but she said nothing on the matter, she wasn't going to tease him for his gesture of good will.

With that all sorted, Yuzuki placed the various packs on her back, she wasn't going to make Raleigh do all the work. ''Let's get going then.'' Yuzuki began to walk through the thick of the woods, the ground was still wet from the previous storm, and her feet were quickly mud covered along with the bottom of her newly acquired trousers. She continued on, with purpose in her step. She would have to find some place to buy different clothes on the way, she wasn't going to turn up to her old stomping grounds filthy.
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Steps into a New Life; What Now?   First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 1:29 am

A calloused hand slid down his scruffy face, considering the repercussions of the choice to help or not to. The selfish thing would be to leave them be and forget, a way he had become accustomed to. Old common sense dictated by morals rose from the deep and swayed his corrupt thoughts. He couldn't just tell them "Figure it out, I saved you already. What else do you want?" Something like that didn't settle well with him. Index finger and thumb holding onto his chin, a breath exited from his nose. There was a subtle hesitation, but nonetheless told the Father and son that he himself with take them home. Out of the corner of his eye, Lee noticed Yuzuki's head move in a way, but he didn't catch what exactly she did. After the many thanks the Father said to both him and Yuzuki, he watched her reassure the shy pup.

The sun rose higher into the sky and the air began to become more humid with the wet ground evaporating into the air. Morning was getting late as the others had started on their way back home. The only ones left were the Father, son, Yuzuki and himself. Preparing for their own journey, Raleigh remembered that humans wear clothing and supposed he should find something to cover himself with. Yuzuki had already wandered off into the trees beyond the campsite. Finding articles to cover himself with, Lee went behind the tent to dress himself, quite awkwardly, taking a few tries to fit his head through the correct hole in the tee he had found. Fumbling with the button to the shorts he had found, the zipper was just as hard. Finding out a new problem, his shorts wouldn't stay above his hips. Creating a belt out of twine string, it would have to do. Just as he was tying the string in a weird knot, Yuzuki returned to the campsite in baggy pants and a baggy shirt that showed a good portion of her midriff. Men's clothing may not fit her right, but Raleigh didn't mind. Sure was better than the cloth they had used previously. There was just something that was much more aesthetically pleasing about her than before. Perhaps staring a bit too long, he watched as she pulled her long silver locks up into a pony tail. Ohhh, my... Adverting his gaze as she looked his way, fingers floundered as he finished the knot to tighten the waist of his pants. Another thing he noticed was that she was barefoot as he was. He was sure that she liked shoes.

Swaddling the adult, however injured, wolf into some large pieces of cloth, the two humans tightened the fragile baggage onto Raleigh's back. With a small nod, he seemed like he was good. Yuzuki had this look to her and Lee caught it. "What?... You were 'bout to say somethin', weren't you?" Eyes narrowed to the woman, suspecting something. Giving her an exaggerated questioning look, it seemed she wouldn't acknowledge him. With a 'humph', he let it go. Grabbing hold of the two twine straps that wrapped around his shoulders, he followed Yuzuki out of the campsite for the last time. Looking back, the fire was reduced to dark embers that barely smoked. The tent they didn't even attempt to dismantle. Then his mind went to the individuals he killed the night previously. Lee shook his head, not wanting to think about it. The rage he felt flashed through him, feeling a trace of how he felt. That's probably why he didn't even consider burying them. They didn't deserve a shallow grave.

Feet sinking in the soft, wet ground, the mud collected to his soles quickly. Though once they were out of the forest, the grass kept the ground in check and the mud soon began to wipe off on the blades of grass they stepped on. After a little while of quietly walking, rather blindly following Yuzuki, he didn't want to bring the details of their destination up in front of the other two. They didn't need to know more about Raleigh and Yuzuki than what they needed to know. Instead, perhaps he should ask the Father where exactly they should be going. "So, er, how far out is your pack?", Lee looked over his shoulder to ask. The older wolf looked tired, but he wasn't asleep, yet. He cleared his throat before he spoke. (I'm not sure what to say since I don't know where Yuzuki's heading. I don't want to decide for you)

Yea, Okay
In life we always will do as we wish
In a black box in your head, is that bliss?
You're crossing the line. Exceed your limit
Let's go, take a step and I mean this minute

Life's a bitch and we all know that
If it's easy then you're not trying
Now stop
Which way's the right way to turn?
Just ignore it go wherever yea here we go

There are things that we can't have
Things that will all fade away
Is there a reason that I must push my heart upon them? (Oh)
You know I never tried to understand
I force it all to go my way
I'm no better than those who put me down

When I can't keep dreams and life apart
You can't put out the fire in my heart
Black clouds above me now will rain on me
They want me to be the same
But I know I'm gonna have to change
Even if I go through hell
I know that I'll change myself
This is all my pride
It's what I'm made of deep inside

The fire that burns within my heart
Will never be put out
I'll always fight, I'll never stop
I can't be stopped
Oh baby my pride  
Back to top Go down
Yuzuki Nanoche
Elite
Elite
Yuzuki Nanoche

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Steps into a New Life; What Now?   First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Yuzuki paused a little in her mud soaked step, yeah... would be kind of useful to know where the father and son wanted to go. Yuzuki's thoughts had been to much into the journey to her pack, that the details of anything else carelessly slipped her by. She coughed a little, paired with a frown before she turned back towards Raleigh and the other two to listen to his answer. As it turned out, she was going the right way... at least she wouldn't look like such an idiot now.

She raised a brow to herself, she realised that she felt slightly nervous about returning to her former home. Would they remember her? Would they have thrived or fallen in her absense? She hoped the latter. She found herself looking at Raleigh and it strangely calmed her and steadied her mind. She must have looked momentarily confused as she stared at him, realising what she was doing she turned away quickly. ''Right, we can make that journey in about two days...'' She glanced back to Raleigh with the man attached to his back...'' Two and a half days.'' She couldn't help the small curve to her lips as she spoke that sentence. She had found the warmer side to Raleigh, and she was trying hard not to let it show that she found it amusing and even a little bit sweet.

As she began to walk again, she slowed down to match the pace of the younger wolf. She was curious about how they ended up in the hands of the bastards Raleigh had rescued them from. They were pretty far out from their pack lands. She wanted to know their story, yet she didn't really want to ask. Knowing everyone had their secrets, their privacy, and she wanted to give them theirs as much as she could.

As the day went on, they didn't slow their pace but continued on for quite some time. Yuzuki was now walking beside Raleigh, giving the young boy a bit of space. The father seemed to be asleep on Raleigh's back... he must have been extra heavy now. ''Let me know if you need a break Raleigh. Ok?'' She asked with an authoritive undertone, not wanting his pride to get the better of him.

He had been doing well, offering his help, saving them in the first place. His character had done a turn around since the wolf she had first met. She wasn't sure what was the real Raleigh, but she knew one thing... she trusted him.
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Steps into a New Life; What Now?   First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 2:29 pm

The details of their destination had been not so clear, even after they all had started off in a direction they weren't so sure was the correct way. It was a good thing that Raleigh had caught it earlier on, or else they could have been walking miles in the wrong direction. The half asleep father took a few seconds to answer his question, repeatedly clearing his throat until his speech as more clear. While Yuzuki looked towards them as he spoke, Raleigh looked ahead. Quietly listening, fortunately, they were going the right way. The father described the location of his pack and while not directly stating the direction they all should be heading, Raleigh knew of the surrounding area... hopefully.

While it seemed both him and Yuzuki knew where they going, perhaps he wasn't as certain as she. They'll both see this soon enough. Meanwhile, out of the corner of his eye, he caught the glint of her sky blue eyes looking at him. Glancing her way, he noticed the contorted look on her face. "Ooookay, then', he did not speak, but simply looked away, hoping she didn't notice him. Although, he looked back to her again when she spoke. Two days? Puh! If he could go at his own pace, he could probably be there tonight. Then he remembered the crippled father and pup. Yuzuki could probably keep up with him, but he had to think twice about the VIP's they were toting along. Raleigh looked to the woman when she added time. Mocking her smirk, Lee sneered back, "Yer a hoot... we'll get there tomorrow.", he reaffirmed to the pup and father. Looking ahead again, he failed to notice Yuzuki still smiling to herself and hasn't caught onto the ever so slight growth of her fondness for him. Ironically, he can easily sense the malice, anger and hatred in others, or even sense how powerful they are. But more positive emotions just seem to sail right over him.

Not much else was spoken after this point and everyone fell into a comfortable silence. The shuffle of the tall grass, wind whipping around from time to time, the call of a bird or two were the only sounds. The ambiance was calming and if they weren't walking, Raleigh could probably close his eyes and drift off instantly. Well, the sawing that the father was doing in his ear would probably deter him slightly. Learning to ignore it, it soon would mingle with the rest of the sounds.

Having kept a comfortable distance between them all, they weren't traveling so tight together where shoulders would bump into another, but not to far away where it would be hard to hear another at a normal speaking voice. The space was nice, but didn't leave him wondering how far Yuzuki and the pup were trailing behind. It was about mid-day or perhaps afternoon when Yuzuki approached him, leaving the pup alone for a little. Nearly walking shoulder to shoulder, she politely but firmly told him that if help was needed, he needed to let her know. Her tone made him think twice. He almost told her off; how dare she underestimate him like that! Was the first thing that entered his mind. Indeed, he had his pride to uphold, but truly, he was fine. A break though sounded nice, "Actually... perhaps a break would be nice... Kid looks like he needs one." With a glance back, he lowered his voice some so only Yuzuki would hear, hopefully.

Finding a sufficient place to stop, Raleigh lifted the father off his back, "'Ey, kid. Wake up your Father" Complying, Raleigh left the pair and approached Yuzuki. "I didn't think about it, but they prob'ly won't eat human food. I'm gunna go get somethin' for them. I shouldn't be long." Not leaving her much time to interject, Raleigh had already ran off. ------ Returning after a while with a few rabbits, Lee set them down near the father and son. "Couldn't find any deer or anythin' bigger." Retreating back to the white haired woman, he gestured to the backpack. "What do we got?"
Back to top Go down
Yuzuki Nanoche
Elite
Elite
Yuzuki Nanoche

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Steps into a New Life; What Now?   First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 1:52 pm

The journey seemed to be going well, they were making good time. Yuzuki spoke to the boy about various things, but he seemed to avoid talking about anything to do with how they had got in the position they had and what happened during it. She wondered where his mother was, but she dared not ask. There seemed to be an underlined pain within the child, one he clearly did not want to speak about. Yuzuki was a complete stranger after all, and her and Lee could probably seem a little intimidating.. well especially Lee anyway. So, she decided to talk about only what he wanted, she even made him laugh a few times. At least that was something.

They continued walking, and eventually Lee agreed to take a break. Yuzuki glanced to the man on his back and then at the boy. She nodded, he was right, the boy looked pretty worn out that was for sure. Lee placed the father down and the boy began to try and wake him up. She nodded with a small ''Hmm'' To Raleigh as he sauntered off for food.

She sat down herself, opened her pack and pulled a few bottles of water out, throwing two to the now awake man and his son before having one herself. She took a swig and began to feel a little uneasy all of a sudden. The sounds around her began to get too much, as they sometimes did, her heightened hearing often caused her discomfort. She cricked her neck and glanced up to the sky, hearing the flapping wings of the bird overhead and it's cawing ten fold. She was used to it most of the time, but at others, she was not.

As if in her own little world, Yuzuki continued to stare at the sky, ignoring any talk or questions coming her way from the other two. Maybe she was a bit on edge because of where this journey was going to take her, she put it down to that. Raleigh came back with some rabbits, only then did she snap out of her daydreaming and focus on what he was saying. The other two looked at her quizzically, but she said nothing. Yuzuki sighed, ''Hmm, not much, we handed out most of the rations back with the others. I took a few bits, help yourselves.'' She gestured, placing the bag in the middle of them all. She took a couple of the rabbits and went to sit next to the boy, giving him one paired with a knife. ''Rustic style.'' She grinned, beginning to skin her rabbit and then watching him do the same.

As she skinned her rabbit, Yuzuki only realised how hungry she was, she had eaten just as much as everyone else, but the kind of hunger she was having, was something that the others would not understand. It had been too long since she had fed on human blood, and her body and mind were beginning to crave it. Just as she came to this realisation, the boy cut his hand with the knife. The smell of his blood instantly being taken in by her, her eyes turned red, her fangs began to protrude out and she turned to him with inhuman speed, grabbing his hand with force enough to make him cry out in pain.

She paused, stared at the whimpering boy and then the blood that now trickled so warmly and invitingly on to her own hand. She pushed his hand away, before standing abruptly and shooting off away from them. When she was far enough away to calm down, she stopped, leant on a nearby tree and took a few breaths, her hands shaking. She had just shown the side to her that she kept buried down and hidden. They would now be scared of her no doubt, and Raleigh...well she didn't know what he would think, but like everyone else, he would probably look on her in disgust also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Steps into a New Life; What Now?   First Steps into a New Life; What Now? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Steps into a New Life; What Now?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2